Wednesday, July 21, 2010

styles and likes

I've been thinking about the words that can describe  someone's personal style.
Yet it's hard... hard to make it really short. and I should apologize because I'm reeeeeally bad at writing... (haha :P )
so I have to start from what I like...
I love strange things that still look very elegant. not the trendy things I guess.
and I care about texture and material. I've been crazy about fabrics since long time ago and as a result that was the only thing I was pretty good at when I was studying in Florence.. (yes it was collection theory class and I was soo bad at flat drawings but loooooved the fabrics classes.)
-back to the topic. I love clothes and shoes that are art. It's not about if they are the "it" shoes, "it" designers or "it" style for the season. It's more about the beautiful materials, beautiful colors, beautiful prints, the perfect pattern and shape of them...
So I love Marni and Margiela a lot. They are my true love! it doesn't matter if the whole world is going crazy about studs and they are making different things.

I always have some kind of theory about getting dressed up... It is similar to painting.. there's the harmony and balance problem :D
Nowadays everyone loves street style. I do too. But in my opinion, it's more important to be yourself than the trend now.. It's not fun if you take your face off the photo and nobody would guess that's you... lol
keep the whole outfit simple and add one statement piece into it.. or go really crazy... but remember to be stress free and never try too hard..

last thing...comfy.. Some friends consider my shoes not looking comfy and yes I have been telling people how painful it is after walking in some killer heels for hours.. haha but trust me at least they are the shoes I can walk in, so that's my standard of comfy. I don't buy sky high platforms because there's just no way for me to risk my legs...(high heels are fine as long as the shape fits my feet..)

oh and no fakes or almost-the-same knock offs.. I'm okay with other people being okay with it...some used-to-to-be-better brands are making knockoffs now and personally it's a big big NO.. Don't you think it is weird when you buy a pair of shoes that looks exactly like miu miu or Margiela but it's actually another brand and it's not called Fake?...

oh well.. sorry to get this really long. just some personal opinion.. get back to work now!

No comments: